Friday, May 4, 2012

YouTube in Review


I’ve been at this internet thing for awhile now and have formed more than a few lurking habits. I thought I’d share a few of my favorites. Today’s title shall be “WTF Did I Just Watch on YouTube for Six Hours Straight?”

1.       Geek and Sundry -  One of my recent obsessions is with the new Geek and Sundry channel on YouTube. I could probably prove my point as to how amazing this project is by the mere mention of the two producers: Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day. I know, right? Together they bring us Felicia’s Flog and Wil’s Table Top. Miss Day chooses one activity she’s always wanted to try and then proceeds to explore it in her geeky yet adorably awkward way. Mr. Wheaton’s show takes celebrity guests and has them play a beloved board game to the entertainment of all. I promise it is way funnier than it sounds. ***Warning – may contain gratuitous Trek and DandD references!!!!***

2.       Jenna Marbles – Girls been around for awhile now but she still puts out funny shit all the time. If you haven’t already seen her video “How To Trick People Into Thinking You’re Good Looking” then you fail at the internet. 

3.       My Drunk Kitchen – This is my newest reason to binge-watch the tubes. When I ask “WTF did I just watch on YouTube for six hours straight?” the answer yesterday was Miss Harto with the knife in the kitchen. If you like to drink, cook, eat, or more importantly, all of the above at the same time, watch this. Her first attempt was a grilled cheese sandwich sans cheese. Best line ever? “I love cider because it tastes like beer for kids.”

4.       The Piano Guys – Most specifically, Cello Wars (A Star Wars Parody). It’s corny and fantastic. Both of us twins play multiple musical instruments so this brings out our musical geekiness and our love of Star Wars. Watch this dude battle the dark side while playing some badass cello music.

SPEAKING OF STAR WARS (<----check out that segue)

Today is the 4th of May… You know what that means!






Hope you have a nerdy nerdy day!


~The Evil Twin~

No comments:

Post a Comment