Saturday, August 11, 2012

Simple Geeky Art

Oh, hello there, internets.

So I've started a new venture with my boss/coworker/photographer/friend Jen and will be opening an Etsy store to sell some of our art work (Will probably be called SamJen Arts. STAY TUNED). I've been working on a few things recently and decided to finally blahg about it. Basically, I'm an enormous nerd and want to show my nerdiness by painting simple things from my favorite nerdy genres, or as I like to call them: nerdoms.


This was the beginning. The Seal of Rassilon from Doctor Who I painted some time last year. I posted on a forum I frequent and immediately got a buyer. After that I was like "Hmm... nerds buy things?" What else would they like? I basically put the question out there and got some amazing requests.




This is the logo from the forum I originally put out to help raise funds and show some support for the board. Got a lot of feedback and raised a bit for my own broke ass and the forum. "What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?"




A requested modified version of the forum logo.




Then I got some inspiration from one of my hubby's favorite authors: Douglas Adams. Here's my favorite quote from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy




That sparked a request based on one of the other amazing aquatic animal themed quotes from HHGtG








 Then came a few Texas themed requests!




This one was a strange one for a brother who moved from Texas to California...












This was all me. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and wanted a Deathly Hallows painting.The script is the last paragraph of the Tale of the Three Brothers. I always found it beautiful how the third brother and Death leave as equals rather than rivals.






Then my SIL demanded more Star Wars. "Do or do not. There is no Try". Yoda was the first, but I'm hoping I'll get to a Han Solo / Leia themed one soon...

Have an idea for a geeky/nerdy simple work of art? I'm always ready for a challenge!


Next Up: The TARDIS!


~Samantha



ps. dunno why I'm having trouble with some of the links. I'll work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment